I have multiple fully-funded PhD, MPhil, postdoc, RA, and intern positions available at the Department of Computer Science, the University of Hong Kong. I am affiliated with the HKU-SCF FinTech Academy and the HKU NLP group.
Goal and Style
The goal of research is to generate knowledge and train new researchers. The prime motivation of publishing papers is to provide insights and make real-world impact. I hope to build a close-knit and focused group, where I value one-on-one meetings with group members and team collaboration. Eventually, I hope my team members can develop their own research tastes and pursue their research agenda independently.
My research interests include natural language processing and machine learning. Here are some ongoing projects in my research group.
- Natural language processing: large language models and data-centric AI (e.g. data quality and synthetic data generation).
- AI for finance: financial NLP and AI for blockchain/web3.
- AI for science: sequential models (e.g. transformer) and relational models (e.g. graph neural networks) for proteins and molecules.
Please send the following documents to me. I will read every application carefully. I am sorry that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted due to the volume of emails received.
- Research proposal.
- Selected publications (if any).
- Github (if any).
- TOEFL/GRE/IELTS (if any).